There's No Place Like Home
Our Relief Society Activity this month was based on the scripture found in Luke 10:27 and D&C 59:5 both of which basically say, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, might, mind, and strength." And since the scripture happens to correspond perfectly with the Wizard of Oz a theme was born. We had mini classes about building strength--literally a workout, keeping your mind sharp and being a life-long learner, and then made fleece quilts to donate to a local homeless shelter to exercise our hearts. Plus there were super, super cute paintings of Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tinman, and Lion on the doors that the classes were held in, plus a yellow brick road to follow from room to room. Everyone ended up in the Emerald City to feast on green food after a successful journey. The night went absolutely perfect and my only regret is not taking a picture of the Emerald City where sweet Hillary spent the day with me blowing up lots and lots of green balloons, hanging green twinkle lights, and moving tables all around. I have one very, very fabulous ward!

4 comments:
im glad it was a success! you are such a creative girl. move to my ward!
Seriously, you amaze me. I am so glad it all went well and I wish I could have been there! Aren't you going to have a baby any day now? And you were blowing up balloons? Pretty sure that would have put me into labor.
PS. I'm starving. :)
good thing you're moving because otherwise, they would NEVER release you. great, creative, perfect!
What a great leader you are... and what a fun night! It ALL MATCHED!!! Learning, making friendships and sharing is what the whole program is about! It is the best! The ladies in your ward are lucky to have you!
Post a Comment