8 Years and Counting
I think in my anniversary post every other year, I've mentioned how absolutely freezing cold it was 8 years ago in Salt Lake City. 18 degrees, I think. And I've also mentioned how we took group pictures right off the bat and then everyone ran inside to get warm, except a select few troopers, dedicated to getting some quality pictures. Well, this year, I realized besides my parents and Blake's mom, there was another person who was willing to brave the blizzard to get some quality footage. My Uncle Joe.
He followed us around the entire day videoing and I love seeing what we were like and what we were saying that whole time. Really, the thing I learned most about myself during the picture part was that I was deliriously giddy. I was laughing at everything. I guess I was in love. :) But the fun part, that I really didn't remember anything about, was at the luncheon. These are the things I didn't remember, that really stuck out to me, after watching the video:
*As we went around introducing people, a common theme was to say, "My name is so-and-so, and I'm Blake's favorite aunt" or "my name is so-and-so and I'm Addi's favorite grandma."
*Ty was the only one of Blake's siblings who introduced himself and his family. Louie, not even a member of the family yet, stood up and introduced himself, then went around the table saying, "And this is Rachel, Beth, Blythe, Ashley..."
*After my Grandma Bergeson introduced herself, she said, "And I'm the Grandma who makes dresses for her granddaughter that match her doll's." I like that we have the same memories about each other.
*Grandpa Bergeson told a funny joke and was still, or maybe I should say already calling Blake "Jake."
*Both of our dads gave little speeches
*While Blake and I were telling the story of us, Blake said the work "jack" a lot. Like he thought I would "jack him." I like that now we have a Jack. :)
*And most embarrassing of all, something I had totally wiped out of my mind, is that I called Blake "Brandon" while talking about him. But in my defense, I was super nervous and was telling a story about Blake and Steve, but ended up saying "Brandon and Steve" since at that time it seems like Brandon and Steve were one being. I think I recovered nicely, though. :)
So, a big thank you to Uncle Joe for videoing the whole day. I can't watch it without a big smile on my face. What a perfect, perfect day! Happy Anniversary Blake, I love you!

7 comments:
happy anniversary!
so fun that you can go back and watch everything. i dont remember you calling blake brandon. how funny!
hope you have a fun date night planned!
I remember when you were dating and you told me that Blake said, "I'm the luckiest guy in the whole world to be dating you." Very true! :)
Happy Anniversary! It was a freezing day, but so much fun!
Happy Anniversary to you both, as today is my parents 57th wedding anniversary. I hope you both the same:)
it was the perfect day.
We all have Uncle Joe to thank. He followed us around 31 years ago too! We love our movie just the same!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY......
There are many great memories for me too!
Where did the past 8 years go? Can you believe how fast time flies! (Especially when you are having so much fun!!!)
Post a Comment