Friday, January 15, 2010

Anniversaries Past

1st Anniversary: Disneyland
Things I remember: Being so nervous to ask for time off work my second week working; having to wait FOREVER to catch the shuttle from our hotel to D-Land; my first visit to CA Adventure--we LOVED Soarin' Over California; It's A Small World was closed.

2nd Anniversary: Half Moon Bay
Things I remember: We drove down Saturday morning and spent the day at Pigeon Point Lighthouse and watching the seals on the shore; we ate somewhere weird for dinner--I don't remember why it was weird, but I remember we were laughing at something a lot; when we checked into our hotel they only had smoking rooms left and the heater was broken--the lady at the front desk gave us a Glade Candle to cure both those problems; the next day we spent watching surfers.

3rd Anniversary: Napa Hot Air Balloon Ride
Things I remember: Blake totally surprised me with this one; we had to wake up super early to drive up to Napa and be there on time; watching the balloons get blown up is pretty incredible; when we took off I felt like what a balloon looks like when you let go of it and it flies off--it is just so smooth and peaceful; there are some really, really big houses in Napa; we got so close to some of the vineyards I thought I'd be able to reach my hand out and touch the vines; landing is scary and a little bumpy; free breakfast was included with our ride; we spent the rest of the day driving around Napa and then went to Point Reyes to watch the whale migration; to get down to the lighthouse to watch the whales, there was a lot of stairs.


4th Anniversary: Cliff House
Things I remember: We had new baby Max and didn't want to go away anywhere; I picked a fancy dinner at Cliff House--we'd always wanted to go; it was rainy; we decided we weren't dressed fancy enough for the real restaurant and ate at the Bistro; it was really, really good.

5th Anniversary: Hearst Castle
Things I remember: When we got there, Blake had to negotiate us some tickets since we didn't pre-buy any; the house was HUGE; the dining hall in the Harry Potter movies was based off one of the rooms in the main house; we couldn't bring our stroller, but they had baby backpacks we could use--I think Max spent maybe 2 minutes in it and Blake carried it the rest of the time; they had a little toy room where Max could play; when we drove home, we decided to drive up the 1--I got a little car sick.

6th Anniversary: Hornblower Dinner Cruise
Things I remember: We were running late and almost missed the boat; trying to take some pictures before our camera died; making Blake buy the super expensive picture of us by the Hornblower life preserver in case the pictures on our camera didn't work out; hitting the dance floor.

7th Anniversary: Staycation and Wicked
Things I remember: Actually, I didn't remember what we did last year. I had to look on the blog. Sad? But I do remember that the fun plans that fell through were renting a little beach house in Bodega Bay for the weekend.

Can't wait for #8!

6 comments:

Grandma said...

I'm impressed, both with all the fun things you've done and .... that you remembered most of them!

GOOD TIMES! You two are a perfect match!

patty said...

blogs are so great. there you have every anniversary right on one page. perfect.

Erica said...

I can attest to the fact that you were very nervous about getting time off from work for Anniversary #1. You were probably the only one in the whole firm that wasn't at work that weekend.

Happy Anniversary!

blythe said...

very impressive! i can only remember my first and last year. maybe we didnt do anything the other two years.

rachel said...

happy anniversary. i hate reading your blog sometimes! it makes me feel sad that i wasn't such a good picture taker back in the beginning. i have no idea what some of my anniversaries were. very romantic, i'm sure. but no pictures. :)

rachel said...

okay, i had to write again that i don't really hate reading your blog. that has bothered me all day long. there. i'm good now. i love your blog. just stop being so organized and on top of everything..okay!? it makes others look bad.