Thursday, February 12, 2009

Grandma Darner

Blake's Grandma Darner passed away last night. She had been in the hospital for over a year now and has been a fighter through many infections and complications. I feel lucky that Grandma left us so many beautiful quilts and afghans to remember her. My personal favorite being the I-Spy Quilt with lots of different patterns and fabrics for the kids to look at. And there's also the infamous Eagle Scout Quilt, that we use almost every night while we sit on the couch. Grandma really loved her scouts. She also gave us the most beautiful collection of handmade Christmas ornaments ranging from crocheted snowflakes to a miniature nativity set in a measuring cup to little paper angles that I absolutely love to get out, look at, and display every Christmas. She really was quite a craftster. We are looking forward to getting together with the rest of the family next week to celebrate and remember Grandma, a woman who raised a very nice daughter, and then that daughter raised a very nice son. I am forever grateful. {Picture of Great Grandma and Max, November 2006}

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for this.

Anonymous said...

How we are all grateful for her, and her wonderful influence on soooo many!