Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Grandma's Funeral

Today was Blake's Grandma's funeral. It was perfect, down to the last detail. And I couldn't believe how many little details were so perfectly attended to. Each of Grandma's children spoke and shared funny, happy, and touching memories that made me smile throughout the funeral. The picture display had a picture of Grandma with each of her kids and grandkids and the table displaying those pictures was covered with everything blue. Grandma's favorite color. Nanny wore a blue dress for her mom (with a hint of pink for herself too!) and even Grandma's casket was blue--that's how much she loved it. Plus, the weather even cooperated for us. It was supposed to rain and ended up being absolutely, dare I say, perfect. :)

5 comments:

rachel said...

i see you even wore blue for grandma. you're so nice addi. and it was a good funeral...if there is such thing.

Anonymous said...

yes, there is such a thing as a good funeral and yes, it was. thank you to all of you for making it so. this is a sweet post that i love, and oh, how i love my family!

Ange said...

Thank goodness your kiddos had a chance to meet her. It's nice to remember the good times with grandma. My kiddos never met my grammy, but were born on her birthday. I still miss her.

blythe said...

i forget, did you plan to wear blue? im glad i got to see you!

Melissa said...

I noticed you wore blue for the funeral, too Addi.

You will not believe this, but today I met my new Visiting Teaching Companion and she is Katie (Smith) Butler from Liberty Square, Apartment #35! I knew I recognized her but it took us a few minutes of detective work to figure out where our paths had crossed. It was BYU, of course! That was so fun. She is such a nice girl and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.