A Historic Day
A few weeks ago, as Blake was snuggling into the couch, he informed me that it was a very historic day for him. The Cardinals had made it to the playoffs for the first time since he's been a fan. So, I guess if making it to the playoffs is big, the Superbowl is even bigger. However, today is a historic day for another reason too. Superbowl Sunday three years ago we were blessing my Baby Max. Three years ago we were basically surrounded by our entire family having the best Superbowl party ever. Three years ago we were busy laughing, crying, eating sour dough bread bowls, and trying to adjust the "antenna" on our TV enough to actually see what was going on in the football game through all the fuzz.
And almost as soon as the blessing was over and the picture-taking complete, Blake changed Max out of his handsome white outfit and into this Steelers gear he had got a couple weeks earlier on a trip to Pittsburgh.
I was feeling so sentimental that I thought about trying to squeeze Max into a part of that outfit again today. Seriously, don't you think it's more than just a coincidence that the Steelers won today AND three years ago. (Sorry to Blake and the Cardinals.) When I came back to my senses and realized the 3-6 month Steelers outfit probably wasn't going to work, I settled for a picture of me with my three year old. But I did wear the same shirt and skirt that I wore three years ago to church today in honor of the occasion. I don't think anyone noticed... :)

5 comments:
Such a cute picture of you and Max! I cant believe it's been three years. It's flown by!
i noticed. i love sentimental gestures like wearing the same clothes to remind you of things. i still have (no surprise) the dress (steel--not steelers--blue) i wore the day blake was blessed.
is that first picture max?! he looks exactly like blake, something i've never seen before in him. and i remember that trip too. i remember that poor chloe got RSV and threw up the entire trip. that's neat you'll remember superbowl sunday every year for another reason.
I love the smiles you guys are wearing in both pictures as well. I think that they are the same too!
That was a great trip! It was wonderful having all of us there together!
We blessed little Brady 4 years ago on Super Bowl Sunday, funny!
Post a Comment