Saturday, February 7, 2009

Year of the Ox

I don't really like going to Chinatown. It's just so, so, so, so, so crowded. Plus, I'm not the biggest fan of Chinese food, and what other reason than food is there to go anywhere? I have, however, wanted to go to the Chinese New Year Parade for 6 years now, but the thought of trying to find a parking spot or riding a jam-packed bus, along with the huge crowds and actually seeing the parade once we got there always kept me from going. So, when Blake called today and said he saw floats lining up close to his work, where there is a parking spot waiting for us, I decided to look a little more into it. And turns out, the parade route goes through more than just Chinatown. So, we tried it out. We had so much fun watching all the dragons and little fan dancers. Basically we loved everything about it. Well, except the fire crackers. Jack didn't like those. We had so much fun that we even considered having Chinese food for dinner. We were on the phone about to order when we (and when I say "we" I mostly mean "I") opted for pizza instead. Happy Chinese New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! Looks like a new tradition for the bamsanfrans!

Anonymous said...

Any parade is fun! I'm glad that you got to go and that the kids liked it too! So.... what does year of the ox mean?

The photos are colorful and fun!!! I'm sure you enjoyed the pizza lots more than Chinese! Good choice!

Anonymous said...

Hey, is Max the dragon and Blake the lady inside?

rachel said...

i'm not a big chinese anything, but i'm sure the parade was fun to watch. and i love max's forced smile in the bottom picture.