Friday, December 28, 2007

We Wish You a Merry Christmas!

I can't believe Christmas is over! Why does this time of year go so fast? And it doesn't help that we had so much fun in Arizona and were busy doing something the entire time. We started with a super yummy birthday dinner for Blake on Sunday night with the entire family there. We had ham, turkey, and all the fixings on the prettiest Christmas plates I'd ever seen. That plus carrot cake, 29 candles, and lots of candle-blowing helpers, made this one of Blake's best birthdays ever!On Christmas Eve the entire family came over to Nanny's again for Mi Amigo's and a night filled with Christmas traditions. First was the Nativity. After all the kids had their costumes on, and off, then on again (okay, mostly only MY kid) and the pictures were taken, we all sat and listened to Grandpa read the Nativity Story. Max was a shepherd and Baby Jack got to be Jesus since he was the only male child small enough to fit in the basket (Sorry Baby O). These kids are too cute!Afterwards, we drove around the neighborhood looking at the luminaries before everyone had to go home and get ready for Santa to come.Santa really went all out this year! Max was in Christmas heaven, first with his VIP breakfast Grandpa made for him while everyone was still getting up, then his stocking and all his presents! He especially loved Nanny's Christmas tree. All her hard work was definitely worth it to see Max run in, look the tree up and down, and say, "WOW!"

And this year Gage and Max were definitely the big winners. I think everyone had fun zooming around the kitchen on their new plasma cars. But a close second to the plasma cars was Jack's Jack in the Box. Max couldn't get enough of it.

We knew it was a successful Christmas when Grandpa and Jack were asleep BEFORE we were even done with presents!Other activities during our Christmas vacation included making gingerbread houses, playing ping pong, tennis, racquetball (if only there would have been some badminton, I think we would have covered ALL racquet sports), wiffle ball, perudo, Friends Scene It (my personal favorite) seeing National Treasure II, getting in the jacuzzi, riding the quads, going shooting, visiting friends and playing their Wii, getting Max's hair cut, eating, and taking LOTS of pictures. How in the world was I supposed to pick from all those pictures which ones I would put on my blog? I couldn't. So here they all are!

But the best part was definitely being with all the family. We love you all so much! And one last extra special thank you to Nanny and Grandpa for making this such a fun-filled, absolutely perfect Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Love,
Blake and Addi (isn't Blake so handsome in his Christmas outfit?)
Maxand Santa Jack

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea! i've been waiting for this. cute pictures. i'm glad you got pictures of blake in his old man green sweater outfit. and now i know all that we missed by not staying at nanny's! when is your next visit?

Caryn said...

Cute cute post! I love the green sweater too Rachel! My favorite is the photo of Santa Jack! It was so fun to see you guys!

blythe said...

Cute pictures! I had way too many to choose from too. What a fun Christmas! When do we get to see you guys again?

Anonymous said...

wow. christmas was even more fun than i remember, according to your blog. will you write my life's story?

Anonymous said...

p.s. walgreen's.com, please:)

Sarah Hawkins said...

Sounds like a very fun-filled Holiday! I bet Patty couldn't stand it! How fun! Happy New Year!

Jonny said...

Addi, I didn't realize you married such an old man. :)

Addi said...

Well, Rachel, I'll probably see you again in Sea World. And Blythe, I'll see you in March in Utah.

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT CHRISTMAS! I love those photos! My favorites are that darling shepherd and that cute Baby Jesus, not to mention that Santa under the tree! No wonder Nanny and Grandpa love having you all come visit! What a great holiday!

Christina said...

Looks like a great Christmas! I love the Santa Jack suit. And I can't wait to hear him giggle in person. Blake's Christmas outfit is fantastic!!! The thing about Max taking his costume off sounds familiar. Hudson was supposed to be a shepherd, but ended up sitting in the basket instead. See you soon!

jocelyn said...

I already think Jack is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen and then you had to go put a Santa outfit on him? I LOVE IT! He's so precious.

mattnbeth said...

great post. you have so many cute pictures. when are you going to az next? i dont know if i can wait til june to see you guys. assuming you are going to powell.