TGIT--Christmas on Temple Hill
We've really been wanting to go see the Christmas lights at the temple, and we were running out of time to do it. Especially since Blake signed up to work on his usual Tuesday off. But he did come up with the perfect plan to make it possible. This morning, he rollerbladed, yes rollerbladed up and down the hills of San Francisco to the BART station, rode BART over to the East Bay, and then, rollerbladed the rest of the way to work. And if the hills weren't enough, it was raining cats and dogs, too. Thank you Blake for wanting to take us to the temple THAT badly and letting us have the car to make it possible. The plan was to pick Blake up at 5:30 and head to the temple lights. Well, after we'd been waiting in the parking lot for him until 6:20, I knew our plans were going to change a little.
He had been double booked the entire day and didn't get done until a little after 7. WOW! We drove straight to the temple and had plenty of time to look around at the beautiful lights and nativity. We even listened to a youth choir perform in the stake center next door and looked around in the Visitor's Center. Max was surprisingly very well behaved during the performance. But during every dramatic pause in the songs and after every song was finished he'd yell, "Singing all done." We thought it was funny, but I don't know if the parents of the performers did. Max even made time to play in the water at the fountain. What's a trip to the temple without splashing around in the fountains?
Afterward we went to dinner at Fenton's. We couldn't pass it up, even thought it was close to 9, well after Max's bed time. Besides the to-die-for caramel, the best part of our dinner was when Max tried to slip out through the bottom of his high chair and got stuck. His head was too big to keep going through, and he was twisted funny so we couldn't just pull him out. I had to hold the high chair tilted, while Blake twisted Max and pulled him out. I'm so sad we didn't get a picture. We had to give that guy plenty of ice cream to make up for his embarrassment. 


6 comments:
I wish I could eat Fenton's ice cream right now! Yum! I'm glad Blake didn't have any falls on his rollerblades this time!
That angel of yours is smart enough to do anything to get ice-cream! I feel bad you didn't get a photo of Blake roller blading! What a fun family time! Those lights look a lot like the ones at Temple Square here in SLC!
Love ya,
Grandma
I am making a list of all the yummy places I want to go when Rusty ever plans our ever elusive trip to SanFran.
Sorry Blake was so busy, everyone trying to finish up their work before the benefits are up, I guess. Poor Gary, I was in his chair for like 2 hours- oops. Glad you can relate to my cruddy teeth!
I love how cute Max is, and we can't wait to meet jack this weekend!!!
i love how you all have little pink noses from the chill. hopefully your hour and a half wait in the car for blake was a pleasant one. waiting in a stopped car with children can turn ugly pretty quickly. and oh if i could've seen blake rollerblading the hills of SF, in the pouring rain no less. what a nice boy.
Don't you love how my wife throws me under the bus about the trip to San Fran. I promise we are going to come soon! Maybe you could do a few tooth extractions on my wife :-) (With no pain meds)
eww fentons ice cream! yum. and the temple is beautiful. what a great activity.
Post a Comment