Thursday, December 20, 2007

Frosty the Snowman

I have been trying so hard to share my love of Christmas movies with Max this year. He is my only chance for having someone to watch Christmas movies with since Blake is basically a hum-bugger when it comes to Christmas movies. He doesn't like "It's a Wonderful Life" and thinks "Christmas Story" is a movie you can only watch once. Who did I marry? I was a little discouraged with my Max attempts before they even started. No matter what I try, the only movies Max watches are "Peter Pan," "Happy Feet," and "Little Einsteins." But my first try was a success. FOSTY DA DOMAN. I attribute this success to the FIVE snowman books we own, including one from Nanny that actually plays the Frosty song. We have watched it so much Max has started to sing the song and I can basically recite the entire movie. Max even chose to have Frosty painted on his face at the ward Christmas party. And I can't even begin to describe his excitement when I pulled out his Frosty shirt AND a matching one for Jack. Since Frosty, we've also added Oodolph to our movie repertoire. I now consider this a successful Christmas season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my, thumpity thump-thump, i have the most adorable grandsons:).
i can't wait til saturday night!
i am a happy jolly soul just thinking about it. . . .

Anonymous said...

That's my kids.....we LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Max and Jack will LOVE it too! Before you know it... they'll both be helping you make cookies for Santa, wanting to help with pecan rolls, and even joy "It's a Wonderful Life". Of course, no movie can take the place of Frosty or Oodolph. This should be fun Christmas! By the way, Blake might soften..... don't give up on him! Children do amazing things to OLD people at Christmas!
love you all, have fun in AZ. Patty, give them all kisses and hugs for us and have fun!

Grandma

Michelle said...

We like Small One and Mickeys Christmas over here. It's our new morning ritual! I love Christmas time.

mattnbeth said...

i love the matching snowmen outfits. and i hope your boys like christmas movies like you because i dont think you have a chance with any of us. oh wait, ashley likes those silly movies too :)