Monday, December 10, 2007

Happy Birthday Max!

Today my little Max enters official toddlerdom. He is no longer a baby, but a big boy at the ripe age of 2. He is so much fun right now that I wish I could freeze him in time and keep him like this forever. He makes me laugh every day. Even HE thinks he's funny. The other day when we were driving in the car he started laughing out of no where and then said, "Max is funny." He is such the jokester. When we were trying to teach him the color of our house, he always mixed it up with green. Now when we ask him what color our house is, he thinks it's funny to say green. After we tell him, "No, it's yellow" he'll come back, "NO! Green!" That was the beginning of his playful banter. Now if I tell him, "Max, you're the best!" he'll say, "Mommy BEST!" Or if I say, "Max, you're so handsome" he'll say, "Mommy PRETTY!" This little guy knows how to make you feel good. He is growing so fast and learning so much. He can recite lines in many of his favorite books, identify all the letters and numbers, and is starting to sing songs. But he still LOVES to run and jump. Every night Max rides his toro (Blake) and is getting better at holding on. If Blake gets home late, to get Max's energy out, I set up an obstacle course for him to run around and tell him to run and touch the fridge, his bed, the front door, etc. His run is hilarious and has been compared to Phoebe on Friends. And Max really loves to jump. He jumps higher than any toddler I know. He can get some serious air. Max is also the best big brother. He is always the first one to respond to Jack's cries. One of my favorite things he says is, "Hi Brother!" while patting Jack's head. This little guy is the light of my life. Happy Birthday Max--I love you!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday max! we love you. come play soon!

Anonymous said...

i keep reading this post over and over and over again. i love it, i LOVE the picture (max mcdreamy), and i certainly love max!

Sarah Hawkins said...

Adorable picture! Happy Birthday Max!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday MAX! What a big guy! I think you are right about him lighting up all our lives! And... I have to admit.... I think he is handsome and funny too!

we love him!

Christina said...

Happy Birthday, Max! You are such a cute guy. Hope you had a great day!

blythe said...

What a handsome boy you are Max. Happy Birthday! I love your Phoebe run and your silly jokes! Can't wait to see you Max!

mattnbeth said...

happy bday max! i love you so much and cant wait to see you soon. i will laugh with you anytime :) love your favorite aunt.

Sheri said...

What a great picture of him! He looks so grown up from the last time I saw him. HOpe you are doing good addi. Congrats to Blake! (belated.) Does it feel good to have that to look foward to?

rachel said...

max's run really does look exactly like phoebe's. that makes me laugh.

Michelle & Steve said...

Happy Birthday Max! He is so handsome in that picture. Thanks for calling last night...I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you - we'll have to talk another time soon.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to the best little Phoebe runner I have ever met. I love your little guy. He makes me so excited to have a boy.