Sunday, October 21, 2007

Nike Women's Marathon

This weekend we had more visitors come to meet Baby Jack. Andy, Bri, and April all came to celebrate Jack's arrival. Bri decided to celebrate by running a half marathon and April decided to celebrate by running a full marathon. Those girls are crazy.

After everyone had made it on Saturday, April, Andy, Bri, Jack & I spent some time in Union Square picking up racing packets and shopping at H&M. We swung by Paper Source then picked up Pacific Catch to take home for lunch. While we were gone, Grandma and Max went to the park. On their way there, they ran into a garbage truck. Max LOVES garbage trucks and this nice garbage man let him help. I think it was a fun morning for EVERYONE (except Blake, who was working...).While we ate lunch we watched the cutest show ever, Little Manhattan. Good job April for thinking we'd like it. We all couldn't stop laughing. That night we went to Fuzio for dinner. It was a new experience for us with so many visitors and two car seats in the car. We actually had to take two shuttles down to the restaurant and back.

Sunday morning was race time. Blake and Andy took Bri and April down to Union Square around 6 am to find where they needed to be for the shot gun start at 7. Then, the boys came home to pick up the rest of us to go cheer on the racers at mile 7. It was the perfect photo opportunity with the bridge in the background. And you can't even tell from the pictures, but they had just finished the worst climb in the race, and they still have smiles on their faces. Must be the Gatorade they just drank!

Bri and April's fans--
While the two girls finished their run, we ran home for some more breakfast, then headed to the finish line to congratulate the girls and see their Tiffany's necklaces. I know I'm a dork, but I got so emotional watching all the racers cross the finish line. I saw a family lift their little girl (who was about Max's age) over the fences to run with her mom across the finish line. The mom had a shaved head and looked like maybe she had undergone chemotherapy. The race was for a wonderful cause and I had experiences like this the entire weekend as I saw racers' tributes to the people they were running for. I hope I get to run next year. But for now, here's a picture of me, my two favorite racers, and the reason I didn't get to run this year (he's hidden under the blanket).
And what's a better way to celebrate running a marathon than In 'N Out and a big ice cream sundae? I can't think of one, that's for sure.
Then we had to say good bye to Andy, Bri, and Grandma. It was so fun to have them here and a life-saver to have Grandma help us out. Max woke up the next morning yelling "Mama!" He missed her already.

April had a couple more hours with us before her flight left, so we went to the temple and Fenton's (for MORE ice cream). It was a VERY fun weekend. We loved having so many people visit and can't wait to do it again in only two weeks!

6 comments:

mattnbeth said...

i love maxs spandex pants at the race! and maybe ill run it with you next year! :)

rachel said...

addi, don't feel like a dork. every year we go see the finish of the ironman and i cry every time. i think it's so neat. and i love max's slick hair with a part. what a grown up boy.

blythe said...

I really want to run this next year! Addi, you better not be prego because that was your excuse for the bay to breakers too! I love all the pics! What a fun weekend!

Michelle said...

October 2008 baby. We had BETTER not be pregnant again! Especially me, since I will have given birth seven months before! :)

Michelle said...

P.S. I always get emotional watching at the finish line too.

Michelle & Steve said...

You have been busy - and so ambitious! But it sure looks like fun!