Friday, June 29, 2007

Where a Kid Can Be a Kid!

I think the last time I went to Chuck E. Cheese was in Junior High when Ashley Petersen snuck into the dressing room and came out dressed as Chuck E. She was such a rebel. I have other memories going the week before school started with some of the neighborhood families, playing skee ball, and counting all my tickets. Today Max's Chuck E. Cheese's memories began. $5 of tokens bought us 2 hours of endless fun. When I told Blake what we did today his first questions was, "Did Max play skee ball?" Well, no. Not quite. I showed Max the yellow truck ride first and then couldn't pry him away. He'd only leave if he needed more tokens. I got him to try the Barney ride, but I guess it just wasn't as cool. As soon as it stopped he ran back to the yellow truck. I was content at my booth, handing Max tokens, eating pizza and french fries, and drinking root beer. Maybe next time we'll try to earn some tickets playing skee ball and see what kind of treasures we can bring home! But I'm pretty sure we'll still get pizza and root beer no matter what game we're playing! See ya soon Chuck E. Cheese!

6 comments:

blythe said...

What a fun play date! I love the picture of Max in the yellow car, you can tell how much fun he had.

mattnbeth said...

how fun! i love his face expression in the first pic. priceless! i love chuck e cheeses and i dont have any kids :)

Anonymous said...

no wonder blake's first question was about skee ball--we went to chuck e cheese to celebrate every holiday, report card, birthday, or achievement. and yes, they gave quadruple tokens for a perfect report card if you brought it with you! skee ball up to 7 kids' ears!
welcome to chuck e cheese, max! love the pictures! walgreens.com, please.

Michelle said...

What Chuck E Cheese did you go to? How fun!

Anonymous said...

I love Chucky Cheese..... it has many fun memories for me too! I'm glad that you have one for Max to enjoy! Don't worry Blake.... I'm positive that Max will be a Champion Skee Ball Player!
Mom

Michelle & Steve said...

LOVE the picture of Max in that yellow truck! With an expression like that I can understand why he wouldn't leave it alone. Of course you hear this all the time...but he is getting so big!!

Next time maybe you could dress up like Chuck E. for Max...that would get him away from the yellow car...