Thursday, June 21, 2007

Goodbye Best Friend and Girlfriend

A week ago, Max and I said goodbye to our good friends Natalie, Sammy, and Charly since we were leaving out of town. They're picking up and starting their long drive from beautiful San Francisco today. We're so sad to see them go. Only living 6 blocks away, they have been some of our closest neighbors and friends. I always thought Sammy and Max would be a cute couple--Sammy just gets Max and his screaming, babbling, wild ways. They play so well together that it just seemed inevitable. Some mornings, the only way I can get Max moving and out of the house is promises of seeing Sammy. He just barely started saying her name (more like "Mammy"), and always pumps his hand in the air, cheering for Sammy! Sammy! Sammy! But I guess a light just went on in Max's head when Baby Charly was born. Since Sammy is a little older, and we all know dating an older woman can get complicated, Max decided to make Sammy his best friend and Charly his girlfriend. Max loved holding Charly's hand (and sometimes would not let go), rocking her in her infant carrier, and giving her kisses. And I, of course, will miss Natalie. I have found a life-long friend. I was going to make a list of reasons Natalie and I get along so well, but I think I can sum it up with the fact we both LOVE "Newsies."

We're glad they've left a part of their hearts in San Francisco. Pictures are of Max and Sammy's first (4/06) and last (6/07) San Francisco kisses.

This is a video of one of the kids' favorite thing to do--jump in Max's bed. I'm mostly putting this on here for Max's sake. He could watch this over and over and over.

Good bye Fishers! We can't wait for all the visits!

8 comments:

blythe said...

How cute! I love the kissing picture!

Anonymous said...

It is tough leaving your heart in SF! But..... it is always a fun place to visit! We love to come there to see you guys! Wow... Max sure is a charmer! And.... it looks like a good kisser! Look out Blake, Down the road I think you are in for some long long nights! We already know you are going to have to beat off all those women!

patty said...

i wish i could be a friend like this. i'm trying harder!
love the kissy pics.

Hillary said...

We need to get together and cry one of these days. Call me when you get back in town.

Anonymous said...

addi they are so cute kissing each other! how funny.

mattnbeth said...

sad. max is losing his first girlfriend! i dont think i ever kissed any boys like that when i was little! :)

Jonny said...

I don't even know what to say...we love you guys! However, if Max doesn't work out, there's always baby boy #2 we can work with.

Anonymous said...

Meili was pretty upset to see this post today. She thought she was the one and only for Max, after their trip to the Sacramento temple and all. I guess we all have our heart broken sometime! I guess you just can't trust a Bountiful Brave. ;) Luvsies- Sharolyn