These Is My Words
Tonight was Book Club! "These Is My Words" by Nancy E. Turner. We picked this book back in November and are finally getting together to talk about it. We wanted to give everyone enough time to read it since it is phenomenal. It is about a woman living in the Arizona Territories in the late 1800's ; about her hardships living on the frontier and about her powerful, enduring love. (Yes, I got some of those descriptive words off the back of the book!) For me the first 75 pages or so were kind of slow, but then, all of the sudden, it picked up and I couldn't put it down. So, I highly recommend it, but don't get discouraged if you don't like it at first. It is now one of my favorites. And of course, it is always fun to get together with friends and food. Max even got to join us since Blake had a meeting to go to. So he was happy when he found out Sam's dad also had a meeting and she would come to book club too. It was an all-around book club success!

7 comments:
You are in two book clubs! Wow, you are a champion reader. I wish we could meet once a month to talk about books but that means I would actually have to read them on time! I'll have to add this one to my list.
Addi, I am craving your yummy cookies you made. I am also craving reading about Jack...total book crush.
it IS hard living on the arizona frontier! how did you know that my enduring love is indeed what sees me through? and who is that person with my max on her lap?!
oh, i forgot "powerful." my powerful, enduring love sees me through my days on the hot and lonely arizona frontier. . .that, and all the pictures of everyone all over the house.
Addi, I'm embarrassed I'm in at least 50% of your photos. Although, I'll be sadder when the time comes that I can't be in any of your photos. Boo.
I hope Max got to share his opinoin about one of his favorites, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, as well.
Addi, i'm so glad you're around to chronicle all the fun stuff that goes on in our ward. I think that was the best book club yet for 3 important reasons:
1. the wonderful book
2. the yummy creamy dip you made
3. the yummy cookies!
I loved it, thanks for hosting!
Post a Comment