Friday, February 23, 2007

Conservatory of Flowers

_____________________________________________________
Today we went to the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. Usually I try not to venture into the park without Blake since it's inevitable I WILL get lost, but for a play date, you bet I'll risk it. Plus, the Conservatory is on the edge of the park, so I felt fairly safe with being able to get in AND out. The Conservatory is a beautiful white building filled with different tropical plants. They are divided into five sections: lowlands, highlands, aquatic, potted, and special exhibit plants. Max had two favorites--potted and aquatic. Potted because there was lots of fruit on the trees that he could try to grab, and aquatic, well, because of all the aqua. I thought for sure he was going to walk right into to the water. In the Conservatory, no strollers and no touching were allowed; so, we actually spent most of our time on the large grassy area in front of the conservatory. The kids were in heaven with endless space to run around. They even made a lot of friends with the tour groups visiting the park. Max was lucky enough to have his picture taken with one of the tourists. He is definitely a San Francisco landmark!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel like such a slug comparing what we did when we lived in sf to what you do living there. you are the perfect family to live in the city--you take advantage of everything and enjoy it to the fullest possible degree! it looks like it was a beautiful day in the City and the flowers are gorgeous. i'm proud of you for doing stuff without blake, who is definitely M.I.A. 6 days a week now.

Anonymous said...

p.s. i would want my picture taken with max, too--that tourist was no dummy. . .

blythe said...

Was it your first time there? The flowers are beautiful! I would like to go next time we come out. Now, why did Max get his picture taken with a tourist?

Anonymous said...

Max is one of the best things about SF!!! He will be immortalized in some random man's home. Even though I was there with you at the Conservatory, and I know it isn't, the building looks fake! It is so beautiful! It looks like something from the Wizard of Oz...which would make us Dorothys, and our kids can be Toto.

Michelle & Steve said...

I'm so glad you didn't miss that photo opt with the tourist! That is awesome!

Jonny said...

um...so i can't believe you now have a playgroup picture without me. somehow, i wasn't invited to that shindig. not that i could have gone anyway, i suppose.

Heidi said...

That looks so prett and make sme excited for spring! you guys definitely do take advantage of living there and it's so fun to read about your adventures.