Dreaming of New Jersey
Lately Max has been remembering our trip to visit New Michelle and is totally obsessed with New Jersey. He wants to go back, and he wants to go back bad! Last week he told me and Blake that he likes California, he likes Utah, and likes Arizona...but he LOVES New Jersey. And I don't even want to get into all the explaining that had to go on when we dropped Blake off at the "airport that goes to New Jersey" (Blake was flying out of SFO, we usually fly out of Oakland, EXCEPT when we went to New Jersey) and Max didn't get to go. He has added "bless New Michelle to sleep all night in her bed in New Jersey" to his prayers and daily shows me on his map how he is going to start in San Francisco and "whoopity whoop" his way across the country (on two airplanes--he remembers we had a layover and had to change planes), all the way to New Jersey. We've told him that we can't go to New Jersey right now because we don't have enough money to buy tickets. This is such a concern to him that he has even considered facing one of his biggest fears and sitting on Santa's lap this year and actually talking to him (instead of just crying and screaming) to ask him for tickets to New Jersey.
Today we were lucky enough to be the last ones to sneak in the post office before it closed. There was a man just a few steps behind us who they refused to let him. All he needed was a single stamp, and I had an extra, so I gave it to him. I told him he didn't need to pay me the 44 cents, but he refused. I started to walk away, but he gave the money to Max. Max came yelling after me, "NOW I HAVE MONEY TO GO TO NEW JERSEY!" which was quickly followed by a fist pump and a big, "YESSSS!" Oh how I love this silly boy.

5 comments:
this post is so funny. i love the part about the post office.
why didn't max ask me for the pennies he found in the family room? i would've given him them for new jersey!
Addi, I'll give up my card board box, that you were going to write, "will work for food". Let max use it.... "will smile for cash"! He'll make a mint!
What a great story about the post office! Aren't you glad you are journaling?
You must have been really impressive Michelle!
This is so fantastic. It's because we have the same birthday that Max and I have such a connection (I'm going to keep believing that it is ME that he wants to see, and not just my puzzles...). Anyway, I've been meaning to tell you for a while now that you are in luck if Max asks Santa for a trip to NJ...because we are staying here for Christmas. So the Christmas wish really could come true...think it over... :)
that's a cute story. good job writing it down.
Post a Comment