Thursday, May 21, 2009

Surprise Utah Vacation

Since flights were so cheap, after we booked Grandma and Grandpa's visit to San Francisco, Grandma had the fun idea of us flying home with them and surprising all our Utah family. Done. Only one problem. Grandma was so excited about the surprise that she just couldn't keep it a secret. So, even though no one was surprised, our surprise vacation was a blast.

I'm so mad at myself. We had the best DWTS/Pool Party ever Monday night, and I didn't take a single picture. Max had everyone splishing and splashing. Or at least getting splashed. Even Great Myrtice ended up with some splashes on her clothes and Max was laughing about it the rest of the night. Seriously. When I was talking to him about the day we had as we were lying in bed, he just stopped talking and starting laughing remembering it. And then, to make things even worse for me, we had ANOTHER DWTS party on Tuesday night and I didn't take any pictures there either. What kind of blogger am I? :)

But I did get some pictures of our trip to the zoo. We had so much fun with Grandma seeing all the animals. Max especially loved the elephants, his favorite animal, since the SF zoo doesn't have any. Can you believe that? And Jack's favorite was the giraffe who came so close to us I thought we'd be able to reach out and touch him. All these animals plus a carousel and train ride made one fabulous day.

Also, Andy came through for me with some good swinging pictures. We love Utah!

5 comments:

patty said...

what is DWTS?

rachel said...

silly nanny, it's dancing with the stars. and that's an adorable swinging picture.

blythe said...

i love the swing picture. so cute!

Geri/Cindy said...

We also had a great time at the DTWS finale party and an even greater time with the pool party. I still LOL when I think of Max and how hard he was laughing and how Jack only wanted his toes wet. Thanks for the visit. We had a great time.

Granma said...

Sorry..... the surprise was to great to keep! But it sure was a fun one!

I loved every minute of it!