Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Mother's Day

I had such a wonderful Mother's Day. I was showered with flowers, beautiful drawings, sweet notes, and thousands of hugs and kisses from my boys. I took an afternoon nap (the best present a mother could ask for) and enjoyed the rest of the day with my family. Oh how I love being Max and Jack's mom.
But now on to the more important Mother's Day tradition: summer buzzes. I have been fretting about buzzing Jack's hair for a while now. I'm not ready for my baby to not look like a baby. And honestly, I think Jack may look a little funny with a buzzed head. I know one day it has to be done, but I'm just not ready. So, as another Mother's Day gift, even better than the nap, I got a haircut postponement. Hallelujah! Before the postponement expires I wanted to get some good pictures of Jack in his whispy, hair-full state. So, as another gift, Blake spent part of the afternoon with me, helping get some good smiles out of the boys. Really, getting smiles is Blake's special talent.
As for Max, the pictures of him are just more proof that his thick, wiry mop must be buzzed asap.
Did I mention I love being Max and Jack's mom?

9 comments:

patty said...

did i mention i love being max and jack's nanny-granny? i love the picture of the boys with you.

patty said...

p.s. walgreens.com for all of them! these pictures are priceless of those little guys!

rachel said...

i don't think jack will look funny with a buzz. i love shaved heads so much. and i still think it's funny that blake's special talent didn't work with my kids.

Annie said...

great pics addi! I am very impressed and that first one of jack is priceless. i've been thinking about the buzzes. glad you got some pics in and a good nap!

Hillary said...

Fantastic pics. I'm soooo impressed with your "new" photo skills.

patty said...

every time i look at jack in that picture of the 3 of you i want to just squeeze him it's so cute.

Grandma said...

I can tell you love those fun, crazy, smiling boys..... and I KNOW they love you too! What a great mother's day gift (lots of smiles) for a great mother!

Sharon said...

your boys are so cute!!!

blythe said...

i guess i didnt read far enough about the buzzes. i love these pictures. such cute boys!