Monday, December 14, 2009

Our Christmas Tree

I so don't have it together this year. Exhibit A: The Christmas Tree. We have been trying to find a time to go get one since we got back from Thanksgiving and there has not been time. Not a single night, afternoon, or morning when we could all merrily go tree hunting. And we needed one. Bad. Every day Max has come home from school saying, "I made this ornament...but we don't have a place to put it." Talk about a terrible mother. So, in an act of desperation, I asked a very, very nice friend, who was leaving out of town this week, if we could borrow their tree and she so kindly said yes and brought it over (with some homemade caramel-fudge yumminess as well). And tonight I kept the boys up way past their bedtime for Daddy Blake to get home so we could all decorate it together. Now we have a tree. I love having a tree. Why can't December be 60 days instead? Let Christmas begin!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Ummmm, your Christmas card was the first one I got this year. You are SO on top of things. You just have one busy husband and are too busy doing fun things, like, I don't know, going to DISNEYLAND!

blythe said...

i like the last picture. at least you had a tree!

Grandma said...

no time like the present to celebrate! Just go ahead and celebrate all year! LOVE the family photo! ..... and the tree! You do have LOTS of good friends!

patty said...

they always say to recycle your tree. good job helping your friend recycle!

rachel said...

hey, as long as you put up a tree, give yourself credit! i think it's so much work to set up and take down. and i like the tongue picture.