The Gymnast
Today was Jack's last day of gymnastics. I'm so sad it's over. I have really, really loved doing this with Jack. He is such a funny boy. Here are some gymnastic highlights--
Jack really liked exploring all the new set-ups they had every week. And today they had a bounce house that I'm pretty sure Jack could have spent the entire week in!
But even with all the new and different stuff, he always ended up back at the same things. He LOVED the rings and loved them even more when he realized if he stood on his very tippy toes he could reach them himself. Once he'd grab on, he'd have me push and swing him. I love that you can see his little belly as he's holding on for dear life.

The other thing he loved were the trampolines. He even bounced on them so much that he no longer needed to do his weird twisted arm/clenched fist thing for balance. On the long tramp, he'd tell me to stand at one end and he'd start at the other and run as fast as he could and jump to me and I'd swing him around and then we'd do it all over again. I'm pretty sure that was my favorite part of gymnastics.The thing that changed the most from the first class to the last is that ever since the first class Jack has refused to do the parachute. I don't know what it is, but instead of doing stretches and running under it, he always decided to perch himself and watch from a distance. Every once and a while he'd follow along and do the stretches from his seat (and make sure I was doing them as well), but he always joined in on the big "I DID IT!" to mark the end of the class. Oh how I love my silly boy.

4 comments:
he's so cute. tell blake to find out if mike is still coaching gymnastics, then you could do a next-generation thing:)
that's cute that he always watched the parachute from afar. i wonder why. cute pictures.
Wow, who is that big boy? I guess it's time for another!!!
It's me, Nat, not Jonny. Oh, and as the biggest fan of White Kid records, you'll be excited to know, Jon is writing another song. Betcha can't wait!
-nat
Post a Comment