Monday, December 7, 2009

April in December

April was so, so nice to take some time off work to come visit us. We had so much fun fulfilling all her San Francisco requests--Taco Truck and Mama's! :) I think this was our first visit to Mama's where Jack truly enjoyed a Monte Cristo. It will be a sad day when I don't get to sneak a triangle off his plate. They are just so, so good.

We spent a lot of time doing some sightseeing. I couldn't believe April had never been to Coit Tower or drove down Lombard Street during her two busy seasons (that's how accountants measure their life...) in the Bay Area. Blake also took us to his new find, Fort Funston, to watch the hang gliders. Those guys were crazy. When we saw the sign on the observation deck warning that people had been seriously injured there we didn't believe it, until a daredevil hang gliders swooshed right by us, turning before he narrowly missed the cliff. Crazy, I tell you.

We also spent some time crafting and playing with the bag full of dinosaurs April brought the boys. Max was so upset with me when I had to take April back to the airport. Even he can tell she's got to be the best friend EVER! :)

2 comments:

April said...

The weekend was SO much fun and way too short! Thank you for hosting me and giving me socks, sweaters, and more sweaters - I guess you can't wear flip flops everywhere!!

Grandma said...

What a great way to spend a Christmas get away.....

You guys keep finding new things for everyone to do! Even for April who lived there! I'm impressed!

Looks like a GREAT time!