Sacramento Day Trip
I love that Blake has meetings in Sacramento and I love that we get to go along with him for the ride. Since the weather is still oh so nice, we decided to forgo our usual Sac-Town outing at the California Railroad Museum and ended up at the Sacramento Zoo. This idea was all thanks to my long-lost BYU roommate, Katie, who recently moved to the area. Really, there's nothing like catching up with a dear friend while watching giraffes and eating chick-o-sticks (Katie STILL has the best treats!).

After we left the zoo and took some quality car naps, we picked up Blake and surprised him with a little Sacramento history. Since Jack was still asleep, I dropped Blake and Max off at Sutter's Fort. And they arrived at the perfect time--right when admission was free! They saw covered wagons, learned how bread and blankets were made, and Max read all the numbers over the doors. After Sutter's Fort we had a yummy dinner at Spaghetti Factory and were contemplating trying out a King's game, even with two tired kids. But once Blake found out they were playing the Buck's, he decided he'd rather just head home. See you again, Sacramento!

7 comments:
growing up as max or jack is definitely experiencing something new every single day!
so, do you just aimlessly drive around while your kids are sleeping? i still don't quite understand the taking naps while on a day trip somewhere. my kids simply don't do it.
Rachel, here's the nap inside scoop: Jack was so tired he fell right asleep the moment I strapped him in his seat. I planned ahead for Max and brought the DVD player, so he just watched a movie. I parked the car in front of the building we were picking up Blake and read a magazine and talked on the phone. It was only a little over an hour. That's how it worked.
sounds like a fun day and sounds like you have the nap thing down.
Thanks for the Photo's! Seeing roommates and sharing more fun experiences is good! The Zoo is a perfect place for kids! I love it too! Did you get a train ride?
You are one smart Mom and always plan ahead! That is why your trips turn out so well! Those boys sure are lucky! All three of them!
that was so much fun! thanks for playing with us! We'll have to come down and see you in San Fran!!!!
I hope while you were at Sutter's Fort you stopped by the Shoemakers shop. Max and Jack's 4th Great Grandfather (John Stout White) was the foreman of Captain Sutter's small shoe factory. When gold was discovered, he left the shoe shop and panned for gold. Due to health reasons he didn't pan for gold long, but he did find enough to buy a farm in Utah and set up his own shoe business.
Post a Comment