It's fun to stay at the...
While Max and I were on our date, Jack and Blake were having some fun of their own. Blake decided to sign up for the free trial membership at the YMCA. I think they did almost everything the YMCA has to offer. And Blake captured all of it while testing the camera on his phone. Not too shabby.
They shot hoops. Jack just needs a little more umph and one day that ball will get to the hoops.
They tested out the gym and got in a little work out. 

And they were even lucky enough to go on family night and jump in the big bounce house. 

But it sounds like the highlight of the night was the swimming pool. At first Jack wasn't quite sure about it. Like not quite sure about it to the point where he was crying and very loudly screaming. The other swimmers were giving Blake dirty looks, so he almost got out, but then Jack calmed down and they had fun bobbing around the pool. Especially if they were bobbing around the heater!
Blake even topped off their night with a tastey treat. Spinach drink. Yum.

Today, Jack and Blake took me and Max to show us everything the YMCA has to offer. We were a little early for "open hours" so we snuck in the basketball court and shot hoops, then played in the the little pond across the street from the pool. When the pool opened, Max was ready to go. Lately Max has been freaking out when he has to lay down in the bathtub to wash his hair, so I was totally surprised to see him go right in, dive for rings, and even jump off the side and come up all by himself since he could touch. Jack was a little unsure again at first, but loved floating on his back, looking at the fish kites hanging over the pool, and making fishy faces. We love the YMCA...too bad it's so pricey!

6 comments:
i expected this post to end with all 4 of you lined up, each forming your assigned letter in order: Y M C A.
very cute. go for it.
good job blake for taking so many pictures of handsome jack. looks like a fun night at the YMCA!
the ymca DOES look like fun. and i thought you already bought a membership with your christmas money? good job blake on the spinach drink. i have a parsley drink when you're ready for it. yum.
i have a drink, also--very good. it's called pepsi.
does this mean that we can take some classes together? we obviously didn't sign up for the sports one, but are planning on it. I think I was over programing my children. Let me know what you decide. We love the Y!
YMCA! Blake you know how to make a boys night-out lots of fun! And what great Photo's! I think you must have a great camera!
You kids do so many fun things!
I'd have to agree with Patty on the drink, but I like the diet coke version!
Post a Comment