Sunday, January 18, 2009

7 Years and Counting

Did you know that for the first year we were married, whenever I watched my wedding video I cried? Yes, full-out cried. And no, I was not crying because my wedding video is so absolutely perfect and beautiful (which, actually, it is). I was crying because I thought it looked like I loved Blake more than he loved me on our wedding day. Sad, huh? In fact, I remember him saying to me sometime during our first year of marriage, "I never knew you cried so much." Ha. And I remember the day I told Blake this little secret of mine. And I remember watching the video with him and having him point out that he did, in fact, love me. Now this is something we laugh about. Blake's even told this story in an Elder's Quorum lesson. I don't know what point he was trying to make, but I sure had a lot of people comment on it to me after church that day. Anyway, I have a point. Now, seven long years later, I'm actually positive that I love Blake more than he loves me. Because I can't imagine anyone loving someone more than I love Blake. Happy Anniversary Blake! Thanks for marrying (and staying married to) me! I love you!

7 comments:

blythe said...

addi, that is so funny. i cant believe you really thought that. now i want to watch your video. happy 7 years! thats long! pretty pictures!

Caryn said...

How funny Addi. Your wedding is by far the coldest one I have been to! No one else I remember had to dig their car out to leave the reception. Happy Anniversary!

Brendon said...

I remember seeing your video at your reception & thinking it was SOOOO cute! All I remember now is that you guys were laughing a lot.

Brendon thought this post was hilarious!

Happy 7 year anniversary!

rachel said...

that is really why you cried?! that is sad. and i do love your video also. i'll have to watch it again to see who loves who more. :) happy year #7.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this picture! both of them!
i LOVE this couple!

Anonymous said...

I love this picture of you guys. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad that you can laugh about it now:) It's amazing what we worry about when we have too much time on our hands... kids definitely fix that!

Anonymous said...

I never doubted Blakes love for you! It takes a LOT to come ask a Dad for his Daughters hand in marriage. He did! He even took me looking for rings. He told us how much he loved you! The morning you called home because he rolled his jeep, I realized just know how much you really loved Blake! Amazing how love grows.... and how children even deepen that love!
I'll never forget your wedding day, or the days and preparations leading up to it!
Congrats on your seven years.... may you enjoy many many more and a lifetime of happiness!