My Boys
_____________________________________________________
This weekend we went to our ward Welcome BBQ at Paradise Beach Park in Tiburon. The views were amazing. Blake and Max
went on a little walk out to the end of the pier and I sneaked up and took pictures of them. Blake later told me that he had mentally prepared himself to jump in the freezing, icey-cold water after Max, just in case. What a good dad! Max loves Blake so much. When he wakes up in the morning and I go into his room to get him, the first thing he says to me is "Daddy?"
I either tell Max that Daddy's in his bedroom, and Max runs to get him, or that Daddy's at work, to which Max responds--"bus." Yes, Daddy rides the bus to work. One of Max's favorite things to do is go pick up Blake from the bus when he's coming home from work. Because then, Blake will get back on the next bus with Max and go for a little ride before coming home. When Max and I are at the park and he doesn't want to leave, I bribe
him with promises of Daddy. Wrestling, jumping, and reading books with Daddy. Every night before Max goes to bed, Blake reads books with him. And it HAS to be Daddy. Mommy just doesn't cut it. They have a routine down. Max will run to the bookshelf to get a book then run back towards Blake, stopping a few feet away to turn around and back up into Blake so he'll pick Max up. Then, Blake will stick his head forward and Max will automatically give him a kiss on the cheek. This, I guess, is payment for reading the book. Blake then reads it until Max
says "all done" and the process starts all over again. Max has even started calling Blake "Blake." Well, more like "Bleak." I think it's pretty funny, but Blake always responds to him, "NO! Daddy!" I could go on and on about my wonderful boys and their wonderful relationship, but I'll save some stories for another day. Even now, as Max as in his room trying to fall asleep, he's saying, "Daddy. Daddy. Dadddy."

8 comments:
cute story. my favorite picture is the poking eye one. i also prepare myself to jump in the water after my babies whenever we're on a pier. good thing it's not that often.
Cute post and cute pictures. Max has so many different looks to him as he has grown up! He is a handsome boy.
i love this post. so cute. and i love the poking eye pic and the tube one of max. hes so handsome! im sure he loves his mommy just as much if not more :)
the perfect nanny-blog. thanks.
DAD!!! What a great person to look up to..... Max has it all!
MOM
Thats soo cute. I love seeing Daddys being great Daddys. I think it makes the men upstairs so proud. (heaven i mean) Connor is a little mammas boy right now, but I hope he changes his heart just a little towards Dad. Macey is a Daddys girl. He can get her to do things I never could. So I guess things are even now!
Cute story and pictures! He is a great dad and Max is gonna be a great big brother!
That is so cute. I love all the fun stories about your boys and the cute pictures.
Post a Comment