Tuesday, August 21, 2007

These Are A Few of Max's Favorite Things...

Recently Max has two new loves in his life. Besides his constant favorites--blanket, Peter Pan, and "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" to name a few--he has developed some more favorites for when the dog bites or bee stings.

First, Max loves his towel. Or more accurately, his toWUHL. And not just any towel. Not the dog towel or the lamb towel, but the dragon towel. He loves to be wrapped up in it and will just sit and cuddle with me as long as he's swaddled tight. And he gets mad when I try to unwrap him to put on a diaper. The dragon towel is the only weapon I have on my side when he just won't get out of the bathtub. Then, after he gets out he likes to look at himself in the mirror as I'm holding him and smile at how silly he looks.
Next, Max loves stickers. We usually play with stickers every day. I'm lucky Tony got me a tons and tons and TONS of stickers for my 17th birthday so I haven't run out. Stickers are what make plane rides and sacrament meeting bearable for Max. Usually, he gets to put one sticker on each hand and then we put the rest of the stickers on his paper. Sometimes, though, he puts the stickers in his hair. I still haven't figured out why he does that. The other day, he came in and got the box of stickers out of our room while I was putting on my make-up. I thought I'd let him play with them until I was done. When I came out to find him, this is the masterpiece he had created on his arm. He had even put the paper the stickers came on back in the box and the box back on the shelf in our room. I love this kid.

10 comments:

mattnbeth said...

k i love max! i cant wait to see him, oh wait, im not seeing him! sad. i love the first picture. thats the best. i cant wait to do that with zoie and her princess towel! :) haha.

Anonymous said...

i love this kid, too.
beth, i'm sure, wishes you would bring him with you to baltimore instead of dropping him off at nanny's.

and zoie's princess towel--much worse than the dragon. way worse. obscenely worse.

rachel said...

i wish my girls liked stickers. chloe likes to make a tattoo sleeve on her arm out of markers instead. they'd be jealous that max has so many different towels.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this kid is set for life! We LOVE HIM TOO! Way to go Tony! You gave Addi the gift that keeps giving! Who would have guessed? I guess it is good on you too Addi for alwasys putting things in a special spot, that somehow you have always seemed to remember, and never throwing anything away! Max is the winner!

Caryn said...

That is the cutest towel! How fun that he likes stickers, hopefully he doesn't put them on furniture or anything not fun like that!

Christina said...

What a cute guy! We love stickers at our house too. But instead of Hudson putting them on himself, they usually end up all over MY face! I love the dragon towel.

Michelle said...

Yeah! A new post! I loved when Max put the ladybug stickers in his hair! What a cutie

Caryn said...

Addi! You crack me up! The cleaners started as a christmas present and they came once a month, then when I was super fat prego w/ Berk they started coming twice a month and I am really lucky Rusty still lets them come! Tell Blake sorry we are such bad role models for spending! OOPS! Add that to your "Show me the money" Plan (isn't that what Kristen calls it?) Have you read HP7 yet? cause you can take mine to baltimore if you want- let me know when you come.

blythe said...

Max is so artistic! I love the stickers and I love Max!

Michelle & Steve said...

He's doing so many big-kid things now. He'll definitely be ready for that baby brother!