Arizona WOW Weekend
We were in Arizona for less than 48 hours and I have no idea how we were able to pack so much in. Going to the lake, swimming in the pool, a baby blessing, a baptism, an amazing birthday bash, and a missionary homecoming. Unfortunately I didn't wake up at 6 to go to the lake and then the battery on my camera died, so the only thing I got pictures of was swimming. Luckily I am very resourceful and stole pictures from Blythe's blog. Thanks Blythe!
After Blake made a quick trip to the lake Saturday morning, Louie, Rachel, Ruby, Chloe, and Baby O came over to Nanny's to go swimming. But silly Max just kept sleeping and sleeping. Finally around 11, we woke him up and he wasn't interested in eating at all. He ran straight for the pool. I can't believe how fearless he is when it comes to the water. He loves jumping off the diving board and going down the slide and did both all by himself. We need to get that guy some swim lessons.
Baby Bliss Tyler was blessed at home on Saturday afternoon. She is the teeniest, tiniest thing I've ever seen. Blake and I were surprised that babies could even be this small and were a little nervous holding her. She is like a fragile little doll. She is the sweetest little thing and I'm pretty sure I never heard her cry. Good girl. She looked so beautiful in her little white dress. We are so happy those boys finally got their little sister.
Right after the blessing we went over to the stake center where Caden was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He is the most handsome 8-year old I know. Caden, Jace, and Ruby were such angels singing "I like to look for rainbows" and Blake gave an amazing talk on the Holy Ghost. I am so proud of Caden and his decision to be baptized.
Saturday night we celebrated Caden, Jace, Crew, and Bliss's birthdays. It was like going to the fair. They had a big blow-up jump cage, a blow-up waterslide (I like to call it the waterslide of death), face painting, cotton candy, snow cones, pizza, cake, and swimming. We had so much fun and I even brough some left-over cotton candy home to SF to keep the party going.
Sunday was Gage's homecoming. I thought he was just the same as before until I heard him talk in church. Amazing. Little Gage has grown up. He was so eloquent and thoughtful with his speech. He's going to do very well at BYU. And Max LOVES Gage. When we got in Friday night, Max went right to him and gave him hugs and high fives. We can't wait for him to come and visit us!
It was a perfect weekend and we can't wait for ALL of us to be together. Don't be fooled--this family picture is still missing SIX people!

8 comments:
Wow is right! Sounds like a great weekend. I didn't know you could have that much fun in 48 hours!
We are so happy we got to see you, even if silly Max was sleeping! I love the video of him jumping on the board, so cute! He for sure has some arizonian in him...
apt description of our rocknroll weekend. no room for "one thing on our plate at a time" people in this family. . . .
Too bad you weren't in AZ longer! We would have loved to see you guys! Congrats on your next addition!
i didn't do a report on this weekend since i never took any pictures. maybe i'll just borrow from you and blythe! thanks for the idea!
i was going to say, wow you took all the same pics :) i love all the pics. even though it makes me sad i wasnt there. bliss is so pretty and yes shes tiny. i dont think shell be tiny when i see her. sad. and caden IS handsome. looks like a fun 2 days. i cant wait to see you in a few weeks!
Now you can't tease me for stealing Rachel's pictures. I have more if you want to look at them! You are a great writer!
I don't think you could have had a better weekend! Congratulations to all.... and welcome home Gage! I wonder if Blake having Max jump off of the top of the bookshelf gave him the courage he needed to jump off the diving board! It is a priceless movie! Maybe Nana can teach Max to swim while he plays with her in a couple weeks! I know he'd love that!
Mom
Post a Comment