Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Family

Oh, you didn't know that is a picture of my family? Well, let me explain. A couple months ago we went to a focus group for a new website, Kidlandia. At one point the man was asking the kids if they'd rather be a king or a prince. When Max was asked he answered, "I want to be a horse." And the rest of the day he was a horse, naying and galloping everywhere. I thought that would be the end of it, but oh no. Max has been a horse ever since, but mostly when we're walking to get the car. And I actually enjoyed the horsing since, apparently, a horse gallops much faster than a boy walks and a horse also doesn't need to be pulled along by his mother. Eventually Jack caught on to the fun and also started naying and running as we were walking to the car. One day Max proudly said, "Look! Jack is a horse like me. But I'm a big horse and Jack is a little horse." And there you have it--my big horse and little horse. As for me and Blake, well, one day, I thought I'd be a fun mom and also be a horse as we were walking to the car. I started naying and galloping, but Max turned to me and said, "Mommy, only me and Jack are horses." Then, as a group of people walked by, Max said just loud enough so everyone could hear, "Mommy, you are a big cow!" And so, I'm a cow, mooing after my naying children. The next day, Max came into our bedroom and greeted me with, "Good morning, cow!" and so Blake got the story. Of course Blake didn't want to be left out of all the barnyard fun so he asked Max what animal he was. Max answered, "A little kitty cat." Ha! But Blake didn't like that answer so he told Max he was a lion. And so Blake's a lion. (I wish I would have known you could request changes.) Max makes sure we stick to our respective sounds, and I'm sure we're quite the site. And so, that's my family. Handsome, huh?

10 comments:

patty said...

i can't wait for the christmas card!

Michelle said...

I miss the naying horses, and their mama cow. Will you ask Max what Audrey, Joshua and I are? I am dying to know.

Sharon said...

so creative and funny!!

blythe said...

"good morning cow." max sure is a funny boy.

rachel said...

how did you get the respective animals to be in that order, all in one picture?

that is a good story. blake is still a cat in my book.

Kristie and Eddy said...

Your post made Eddy and me laugh so hard we're crying! He says to be grateful for being a cow because if we were to ask our teenagers what we are, we'd get a very different response. Eddy believes he'd be an ogre. Of course, I would be a princess...

Grandma said...

I already knew all that, but I haven't laugh so hard in a long time! I guess I was just missing the visual!

Max sure has a great imagination! Gotta love him!

Michelle & Steve said...

I'm so proud to tell you that Weston learned his very first animal sound from your boys - neighing! He does it whenever we see horses. Thanks for rubbing off on us!!

kajohnson said...

Addi-
I am looking for the Capri motel in your area. Could you give me any help with info on that? I just don't want to put my family in the wrong motel. biggunfamily@msn.com
Thanks,
Kara

quinn and kristi said...

what a fun little family! we missed you guys at the reunion this weekend!