Saturday, June 20, 2009

California Coast Trail

If you didn't know, my husband is crazy. He thought it would be fun to bike the Pacific Coast from Portland to San Francisco. And if Blake wasn't crazy enough, he also found some other crazies to join him on the 652 mile leisure ride. The fun starts next week, so tonight we decided to drive the last leg of the trip to see what they were in for. And if next week is anything like tonight, they are in for some windy windiness. (Ha that's funny--windy AND windy. And by windy and windy, I mean curvy and blowy.) So windy that Max got carsick and lost his dinner. And so windy that I thought Jack was going to blow away. I mean, look at these pictures near Point Reyes.On the up side, there were several small towns advertising 4th of July pancake breakfasts on the route--the exact day the bikers will be traveling through. So, at least if they need a break, there will be places to get a quick snack. Good luck bikers!

4 comments:

rachel said...

that first picture is so cute. i hate throw up. and i wish i was riding across the golden gate with a backdrop of fireworks.

Char said...

Okay I think they are all crazy to do this:) But I can't believe that as of Tuesday the old man of the bunch(sorry Gary:))was one of four who had ridden the whole 230 miles as of that point. Way to go. Okay Blake I think you Dad has one up on you:)

blythe said...

addi good job on catching up! im excited to hear about the bike ride. and to see you in a week! yay!

Grandma said...

Those are crazy photo's! Good thing that Blake has hold of those kids!