Word from Ethiopia
I can't believe that 6 years ago, this exact week, I was with my husband on the Galapagos Islands, celebrating Thanksgiving on an amazing dental mission. And now, 6 years later, my husband is in Ethiopia, on another mission, repairing cleft palates and lips. When I try to tell Max where he is, Max tells me he's at school squiriting water in people's mouths. Either way, we miss him. And I think he misses us too. Especially since the name of the city he's in is Addis Ababa--a constant reminder of his loving wife, and babbling child. Today he called and emailed for the first time. I don't want to copy and paste his emails because I'm hoping when he gets home he'll make his blog debut and tell about the whole thing. And if he doesn't, then I'll just copy and paste his emails. :) But so far, without giving away too many details, he is alive, getting sick of the food, and has screened over 200 patients who have traveled far distances to be treated. Today was the first day of surgery and he said it was amazing. We love you, Blake!

7 comments:
Wow! Way to go Blake. Can't wait to hear about the trip!
What's amazing is that 6 years ago Blake was practicing dentistry and he wasn't even a dentist, but we didn't tell the people in the isles.
That is so cool- I hope he took a camera!
Oh I can't wait for Blake's debut on the bamsanfran blog.
i'm thinking it will be a cut and paste job since i can't imagine blake, who never comments on blogs, posting his own words. i'm excited to hear about it though!
I had no idea you or blake have ever gone to ethiopia...that is the neatest thing...how long is he gone for? I hope you are surviving w/o him. And way to go Jack Jack for your fisrt few little steps!
We are proud of you Blake! Your experiences make us all more grateful for what we have and where we live! Thanks for giving so much!
Post a Comment