Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pioneer Day...AGAIN!

Blake was so jealous of our field trip to Hyde Street Pier that we went down again this morning. We can't pass up a free activity, especially when, in addition to all the ships, there's also live sailor bands and different rope tying, lifeboat lowering, and sail lifting demonstrations for the Festival of Sail. Max loved showing Blake the highlights of all the ships. You know, the computer keyboards, the displays with buttons, and the roped-off rooms. And since I had Blake to help me carry the stroller up all the stair cases, we were able to explore the upper decks of several ships. It was a beautiful day and we really loved watching all the crazy swimmers race into the water without wet suits. It was a nice day, but not THAT nice.Then, we went down to San Mateo for our Stake's Pioneer Picnic. And wow! I couldn't be sad for not being in Utah anymore. There was a fabulous BBQ (I think Max ate two hot dogs and I ate two heaping spoonfuls of frog-eyed salad), pioneer games, and dress-ups. Look at this Pioneer Family. I think Blake would have done a good job pulling us from Nauvoo to Salt Lake. I love this holiday! Happy Pioneer Day...AGAIN!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

patty's in heaven. oh my, pioneer garb extraordinaire. blake looks SO handsome as a pioneer--i love it! i love the picture of blake in the byu hat with jack, then i get to the pioneer pictures and i think man, what a perfect, perfectly photogenic family. you may miss utah (well, i KNOW you miss utah), but you have made san francisco such a special place in your lives. way to go, modern pioneers! you are so precious as a pioneer mom and blake is so so handsome (yes, the boys, too)!

Anonymous said...

wow, your blog got a face lift! it looks so cute.

Anonymous said...

San Francisco just rivaled the Utah Pioneer Day! It isn't home.... but just like it! What a good looking crew! The question really is.... aren't you glad that you didn't have to cross the plains..... even though Blake could have pulled you all the way! I'm glad I didn't!

Loved the photo's! What a fun activity!!! How do you always find so many fun things to do?

I also love the new look!

Michelle said...

LOVE the face lift!!! It looks awesome! Cute pioneer pictures, you totally should have made the newspaper!

Sarah Hawkins said...

Cute new header! Looks like fun Brady would love to see all those ships!

Michelle & Steve said...

Fantastic new look for your blog! And I love your Pioneer Day celebration. I think you are the best holiday celebrater I know!

blythe said...

I love the new header and pics on the side, good job Addi! Now you need to do one for me! You guys are such a cute pioneer family.