Jack is NINE Months Old!
Uh, have I mentioned that I love this little guy to pieces? My big blue-eyed baby is 9 months old today! I can't get over how fast this is going. Since we've been home this little stinker seems to have changed so much. He is constantly on the go now, crawling everywhere. The big dirt circles on his knees are such a great reminder of how dirty our floor is and how much more often I should be cleaning it. Thank you Jack!
It's so much fun to see what kind of toys he always wanted to play with and can finally get. Max was a big remote/button man, but Baby Jack goes for anything that makes a noise. As soon as he gets a hold of something, he'll sit there and hit it against his belly, the floor, another toy, well, basically anything. Jack is such a screamer and screams so loud that sometimes I think it HAS to be Max. His favorite place to scream is the bath tub, which also happens to be the only place that he will pull himself up to stand.
Really Jack--couldn't we start with a less slippery/dangerous place? And this guy has a hard time hiding his excitement. When he sees something he likes his legs start kicking a million miles a minute, especially in the bath tub. And even when he's just chilling in his stroller, one of his little legs is always swinging (one of my favorite things). Jack is a super eater and has liked everything his mom has been willing to give him. I've gotten used to sitting and feeding him his mushed up baby food, so now I move on to my stage where I'm hesitant to give him table food, thinking he might not get as full eating a few pieces of vegetables as he would eating a jar, and then I have to wake up in the middle of the night to feed him.
Plus, it takes him so much longer to feed himself. Is it ever easy? Anyway, so far I've given him black, pinto, and green beans, beans, peas, corn, bananas, and strawberries. He loves them all. Jack shakes his head "no" but prefers to nod "yes" and reaches his hands above his head when I say, "Jack is sooo big!" He has three teeth (the two middle bottoms and one on top just barely peeking through) and three more that look like they're going to show themselves any day now. In the past three months Jack has become much less of an easy-going baby. When Max used to take a toy away from him, it was no big deal. But not now. He'll cry and cry and cry until he gets his toy back. (I know this is mean for his mom to say, but I love watching Jack's eyes squint up, his mouth open wide, and then waiting for the cries to come. It's just so sad.) I can tell the brotherly love is really starting. And speaking of brotherly love, I am happy to report that someone else has taken Max's spot as Jack's favorite...ME!
I have a little, smiling ball of heaven following me around the entire day. When Jack catches me, he'll either reach for me to pick him up, suck on my toe, or just sit there, waiting for me to move on. Did I mention I love this little guy?
At nine months Jack weights 20 pounds, 6 ounces (50%--Way to bounce back Jack! Apparently the solid food HAS made a difference). He is 29 inches long (75%) and his head is 47.5 cm (95%). Absolutely perfect.

4 comments:
wow, hes already passed zoie on size. way to go jack! hes a keeper :)
absolutely perfect is right. and how smart to do posts on the kids at each stage and have it forever when you need/want to remember everything about each one because baby books? they just never worked out that greatly:).
Jack is so, so cute I can't stand it. I wish I could pinch those sweet cheeks.
We agree. Jack is practically perfect in every way (MP). Thanks for keeping us updated. It's ALMOST as good as being there or you here.
Post a Comment