Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jack is 4 Months Old

The other day I was holding Jack and happened to glance at us as I walked by the mirror. My little baby looks so big all of the sudden. He is growing up too quickly. He has started to grab at everything--clothes, hair, toys, and especially his paci. One of the fun games he plays is pulling his paci out of his mouth, looking at it, then sticking it back in and sucking on it as hard as he can while he tries to pull it out again. I guess he's trying to determine if his arm muscle or sucking power is greater. He also likes to grab his blankets or burp rags, bring them up by his face, and cuddle them. I love getting him in the morning when he is talking away snuggling with his blanket. Jack also loves his toes. One of my favorite things to watch him do is stare at his moving toes and laugh. Jack is a little social butterfly. He is always flashing that toothless grin at anyone who comes near him--very unlike his brother who you had to work VERY hard to get any sort of smile out of. Also unlike Max, he has no desire at all to support any of his weight on his legs. Whenever we try to have him stand up, his legs turn into jell-o. Jack's new favorite place to be is his bumbo. He loves sitting up and looking around, especially at his silly brother running all over the place. Max is his absolute favorite. The other night Blake was trying to read a book to Jack and he wouldn't even look at the book. He was too busy watching Max run around. Max is always giving Jack his paci and even has a soft enough touch now that I just let him do it. They are the best brothers.

And here are Jack's four month stats--
Weight: 15 lbs, 3 oz, 50% (Down from 90% two months ago, which makes me think the nurse told me wrong last time. This time I actually saw the chart and he was about 50% at two months as well.)
Height: 26 inches, 90%

12 comments:

Caryn said...

He is just to cute! He is still a baby though and he looks adorable in the Bumbo.

So, wanna split shipping on the nets for the car? HA ha... Rusty totally nixed my idea... LAME!

Anonymous said...

i love the pictures

blythe said...

Jack is such a pretty boy. I just want to squeeze him!

rachel said...

wow, blythe and i think almost exactly alike. i was going to say what a sweet, sweet boy he is and that i just want to squeeze him.... mostly to make him cry since he doesn't ever cry on his own. :)

Michelle said...

Where does the time go? You have such cute boys!

Sheri said...

He is too cute Addi! I love the signs you make. Such a good mommy!
-sheri

Sarah Hawkins said...

Wow, that went fast! He is so cute!

ashley said...

i love how happy jack is, so fun.

blythe said...

No Rachel and I don't think alike. I don't want to make him cry...what a meany! I want to cuddle with him!

Anonymous said...

calm down sly. i was only kidding.

mattnbeth said...

hes HUGE. is it possible that hes bigger than when i saw him last week? and blake said he hated the bumbo??

Michelle & Steve said...

I love the 4 month Jack! I can't believe that he is really that old...it didn't seem like that long ago that he was a newborn...crazy how fast it goes.

We were given a Bumbo for Weston...Jack looks so happy in his, I can't wait to use it at our house in a few months!!