He Can See!
Of course he has his contacts, but poor Blake hasn't been able to see the same since his favorite pair of glasses went up in flames with Nanny's suburban over Christmas 2004.
Blake got new glasses the week after the big fire and considered himself pretty lucky. Afterall, he didn't lose anything compared to Gage losing ALL his CDs and Caden and Jace losing their sippy cups.
But the new glasses just weren't the same. They didn't have the half rim he loved, and they quickly got bent from all the nights falling asleep on the couch, watching TV, wearing them. Plus, once Max came along, that didn't help the glasses. He was always grabbing at them and maybe actually got them a few times...
So, back in September we had a glasses accident. When Blake falls asleep on the couch, he usually takes off his glasses and puts them underneath the couch so they don't get stepped on. Well, I was having him help me move the couch and we lifted it up, he took a step, and crunch. One of the sides that goes over his ear broke off. But that didn't bother Blake. He just wrapped some tape around them and he was back in business. Then, just a few days after that there was another accident, this time involving Max, where the other side fell off too. So for a couple months, Blake was sporting some serious nerd glasses--everything but the nose bridge being held together by tape. Then, to make matters worse, there was another accident in which one of the sides came untaped and was flushed down the toilet. So since October, these are the glasses Blake has been wearing.
Anyway, recently he FINALLY got some new glasses and only once has he had to go back to the eye store to get them refitted. He looks so handsome, but is a close second to Max. Here he is showing off Blake's loops. Poor Max and Jack. With their parents' awful vision, I'm sure one day I'll be posting stories of their glasses.

8 comments:
It's about time Blake got some new glasses! I love the picture up top. Caden and Jace look so little and I still can't believe they lost their sippy cups!
i know blake is cheap, but when i saw his taped-together glasses, i thought it was a joke. yea for new glasses! maybe you should get a better vision plan for your insurance...
and i love that caden had the same pouty sad face four years ago too. he looks exactly the same.
Those are GREAT pictures! And to think, I've been upset all week that I had to wear my glasses instead of contacts. At least I should be thankful that they weren't taped together.
wow. i had no idea.
i lost my CAR that day:)
no one in my family wears glasses.
it's a robison trait.
pretty sure that is a classic picture to remember that day forever.
I totally remember the fire of 04! How funny! Glad Blake can finally see- at least until he breaks this set! Ugh!
i love the top picture! and i didnt know blake was still wearing those glasses. how sad to be that cheap! :)
Don't worry Blake.... Evan just came full circle by having eye surgery.... now he can see! (At least in one eye, the other will sport a contact until that eye has a catarac that is bad enough it needs to be done too!) When you get OLD like us, maybe you'll loose your glasses altogether too! Love the Photo of Max! I think you are right about their chance for perfect vision! Probably NOT!
Post a Comment