Pre Pioneer Day
It just may be possible that the day before Pioneer Day is as fun as the REAL Pioneer Day. We went to Bountiful's Hand Cart Days Parade and while some people started reserving their spot at 5:00 this morning, we showed up 15 minutes late and still got prime seats in the shade. This was the boys' first parade and they quickly became pros at yelling "OVER HERE!" so the parade participants would throw us candy. Jack has never ate so much candy and Max loved seeing all the bands. He told me his favorite instruments are a trumpet, drum, and harp (although none of the marching bands actually had harps).

Then we went up to Mueller Park to watch the fireworks. Grandma had gone early this morning to lay out a blanket and reserve a spot for this. I love being so close to the front and feeling the big boom of the fireworks. But poor Jack doesn't love it. When a neighboring house shot off a firework he remembered how loud they get and covered his ears until the fireworks really started; then I got to cover his ears while he covered his eyes! Soon he got used to it and was yelling out all the colors and Max made a big improvement by actually staying awake. They were some of the best fireworks I've ever seen. Seriously--so good!
An extra big thank you goes to Grandma who stayed home from the fireworks to watch Gus and pick up Blake from the airport. Seriously--who books a flight in the middle of fireworks? But Blake did get to see some of the fireworks while his plane was coming in. I guess that's pretty cool too.

3 comments:
pioneer day weekend is one of the reasons to live in utah. . .you look really pretty in the picture of you holding your hands over jack's ears.
We wish we could have been in Utah for the big 24th...or I guess 23rd celebration. Catching candy, a spot in the shade, and marching bands with harps!!!?!!! Who wouldn't love that. I hope they played a harp/marching band rendition of "HEY BABY."
We can't wait till the party moves down here!
that would be cool to see fireworks from an airplane.
Post a Comment