Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Museum of Church History and Art

When my mom's friend Nancy invited us to go check out this museum downtown, I was really excited. When I saw the museum was actually the church art and history museum, I was not so excited. I was sure it was going to be a nightmare and we would break some important piece of history, especially since Jack was in his finest Jack form. Well, I WAS WRONG! This museum is so much fun and actually, I'm a little upset (especially at you, Ashley!) that I'd never heard of it or been before. I didn't look around downstairs very much, but the "I Am a Child of God" exhibit upstairs is fabulous! We spent about two hours there and could have stayed longer.

Everyone is a child of God...even the stinkers...

Max giving his first conference talk
Walking the straight and narrow path and building a stained glass window for the temple

Traveling back in time to Bethlehem
Partaking of the fruit from the tree of life and putting together the large scripture trivia/fun facts puzzle

Other activities included designing and building temple spires, a hospital complete with doctor kits and newborn babies, CTR rubs in several different languages (Ash, we did one in sign language for you--no hard feelings), driving your car from your home to church or the temple, and lots and lots of fun books. If you're like me and have never been, hurry, hurry! The exhibit closes September 2010!

7 comments:

nanny said...

this DOES look like a fun, fabulous exhibit! i loved the museum when gage and i went, but they didn't have the child of god part--too bad it's not permanent, because the statment is.

ashley said...

mom, when did you and gage go, cause its been there since 2006! sorry addi, im sure it was in one of my weekly emails i sent home---guess you didnt read them :)

ashley said...

addi, im glad you and your boys got to go :) it is a FUN exhibit---i remember going when it opened.

blythe said...

sounds so cool. i wonder why they dont just keep it there permanently!

mom said...

ash, gage and i went in 2005, while on our utah temples trip. we just missed it!

Hillary said...

ah man! I wish I knew about it when I was in Utah! They really should keep it there permanently. AMAZING!

rachel said...

that IS silly that it's not a permanent museum. it looks so fun.