Santa Claus is Coming to Town!
Yesterday for playgroup, the stroller brigade went to the mall to visit Santa. I think there were more kids NOT excited to see Santa than there were excited. Max fell into the NOT excited category. He was doing fine while we watched the other kids go. I told him he needed to sit on Santa's lap and tell Santa to bring toys for him to Nanny's house. He was ready to go until I started walking toward Santa--then the melt down began. Max started scream-crying for "Mommy Addi" which he usually does when there are a lot of other mom's around. He doesn't want anyone to get confused. When I told him he needed to ask Santa for some toys, he started screaming, "Toys! Toys!" so I would come get him. Jack didn't even get the chance to get out of the stroller and sit by his brother (which actually worked better for me since Jack kept sleeping all through our yummy lunch at Olive Garden). Maybe next year, Santa.


8 comments:
i guarantee this will be your favorite christmas picture of max on santa's lap. ruby wouldn't go anywhere near santa at the snow party--her frowny face with tears instantly appeared at the suggestion. on the other hand, ty took a very good picture on santa's lap and his mother has dibs on the photo. it's ok, max--i already told santa to bring lots of toys to nanny's house. you're safe.
i love that max calls you mommy addi. what a smart boy. max was probably scared because santa wasn't wearing his correct uniform. santa wears red right max!?
i love that he calls you mommy addi. thats so cute. what a sad sad face though. you should have gotten in the picture too!
What a horrible job to be Santa Claus. Does any kid really want to sit on your lap? I don't think I could take that kind of rejection day after day.
Poor Max. He looks so sad. Ditto on the Mommy Addi, I love that.
That was a great attempt, Mommy Addi. Too bad we missed it. Max and Hudson could have been scared together! Maybe next year.
I agree w/ everyone else, I love the mommy addi! And I agree with Rach on the Santa not being in correct uniform!
My kids don't have a Santa picture yet because each year we go to the mall and ask if they want to and they always say "no." They like looking at the Christmas stuff way more than sitting on a stranger's lap. I don't blame them. I think this year might be our first successful trip though - Sally is already planning what she needs to tell him.
Post a Comment