Friday, November 16, 2007

Being a Homeowner

So far Blake and I have been pretty lucky with our house. Besides the usual cleaning and monthly payment, we really don't do much. I feel like we're basically renters with a mortgage--until this month. What happened? The water heater had to be replaced, the dryer broke, the toilet wouldn't stop running unless you lifted up the top and made it stop, 50% of our light bulbs burned out (and we have weird light bulbs, the ones you can't touch with your hands, not just your typical screw-in), and the kitchen sink started leaking and spraying water. But something good has come of all of this. I've learned that Blake is an amazing handyman. He fixed all of this! Yes--BLAKE. Well, except the water heater. But he did a lot to get that fixed by calling around and getting different quotes. He ended up saving us about $400 from the original quote. He really is amazing. He even thinks so. After fixing the sink he asked me if I ever thought he'd be able to fix that because he definitely didn't think he could. Way to go Blake! I think the secret to his skill is the little apprentice who follows him around and is such a big helper! I love my boys...and my house!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your boys and your house, too.

Sarah Hawkins said...

How the bliss of home ownership! It is hard, but nice to have a home!

Christina said...

That's amazing! Good for Blake. I'm nervous to own a home because I think I might have to be the handyman.

Anonymous said...

that piece of floss sure looks like it came in handy. what a good little helper max is. and so nice that blake let him help. i'd say good job blake, but it sounds like he already knows. :)

Jonny said...

Blake gets his hands dirty? I never thought...I'm still waiting to see your new kitchen table a-la Jonny.

mattnbeth said...

i love the first pic of max on blake helping him. how sweet.