Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Utah Family and Friends!

We had lots of fun visiting so many people in Utah the past week. We felt so loved to spend so much time with everyone we love. I didn't get a picture of everyone, but here are the ones I did get--

While we were in Utah County we went to lunch with Blythe. Max even let Blythe hold him. A definite improvement. Maybe it's because he liked Blythe's pretty new shoes.


We went to the park with Michelle, Sally, and Adri. Michelle and I learned that we are the only parents crazy enough to take their kids to the park in that hot summer weather. We spent a lot of time eating snacks in the shade and catching up. We're glad they're much closer than Philly now.
Griffin invited us over to check out his new pad. It was beautiful and we're very jealous. Even though the two boys haven't seen each other since Max was 3 months and Griffin was 2 months, Griffin walked right over to Max and gave him a big hug! They are kindred spirits. I'm sure they'll be roommates at BYU just like their mommies.
Max played with Deacon and Abi almost every day. We are so happy they were down visiting. We found the best way that they played together was when they each had something of their own, so the three-headed sprinkler was ideal.
We went over to Grandma and Grandpa J's house every day to play. Max loves playing Grandma's organ and pushing all the buttons. He also loved jumping on Grandpa's bed. Max is lucky that Grandpa's name is also Max so he had to be nice about all the bed shaking.
And I don't even want to think about how much time my mom spent sitting in the car with Max so he could drive. I think that was Max's favorite activity this trip. He was lucky he was surrounded by all those suckers again.
And these are the things we did that I wish we had pictures of--Grandpa playing with Max in the backyard and pushing him on the swing. Andy and Max doing their touch down dance after spiking the football (Max even woke up one morning saying, "Andy, ball, Andy, ball."). Max constantly bringing Bri her water bottle. Tony and whoever he was hanging out with the whole time we were there since we hardly saw him. Girls' Night at the paper store--the best find was the $10 grab bag that weighed over 5 pounds! Geri doing Super Man to Max. And Dawna teaching Max all about fry sauce. We love our Utah family and friends so much and can't wait to bring Brother to meet them all at Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

blythe said...

I feel honored that I made this post. Max is such a cutie, I know I say that in almost every comment but really, he is! Can't wait to meet brother!

mattnbeth said...

wheres matts post :) looks like you guys did lots and had fun. are you not going back again til thanksgiving? thats a long time! atleast ill get to see you before then :)

Michelle & Steve said...

Cute Utah pictures...I just keep thinking you are here still since I am. We're so glad we got to see you!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Beth.... Thanksgiving is a long time away! However, we ALL enjoyed EVERY minute that we got to spend together while you were home! We are looking forward to seeing all of you again when Brother is born! Thanks for coming home! By the way...... I loved "Driving" with Max! It runs a close second to riding the Elevators and the Escalators at the airport!
Grandma

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had such a fun busy trip. We need to do more excursions so we can have something else to blog about now that our lives are back to normal.

The Holyoaks said...

Hey Addi!
Remember me? I used to go by Jill Carter, once up on a time, and we were in the same ward out in Liberty Square! Sure was a long time ago!
I happened upon your blog by chance. We've been living in Mesa for a few years now and you know how small the LDS World can be.
Good to see your family! Your little one is a cutie. It sounds like everything is going well for you guys.
Say HI to Blake for me!