Happy Pioneer Day!
I am proud to be a Utahn! I love Utah! And since Max is one half Utahn, but probably won't ever live there (I'm still trying my hardest to change that, though), I feel like I need to help instill the same love I have for the great state in him. Today was the perfect opportunity to do that. While all of Utah was enjoying parades, bbqs, and fireworks to celebrate the day the pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley, I was here in San Francisco trying to think of what we could do to celebrate. Other than wearing his best cowboy shirt and last year's too-small cowboy hat (which Max had to put on himself), singing "Pioneer Children Sang as they Walked," and saying "This is the Place" everywhere we went, this is what I came up with--a covered wagon. I am lucky I had Michelle and Audrey to be the creative force behind my not-so-well-planned-out idea. I didn't have any obvious supplies at the house, but Michelle was able to think of excellent alternatives for everything--hangers, pillow cases, and even an alternative for my "measly" camera. And although our wagon would not have made it very far along the Oregon Trail, I felt satisfied in my Days of '47 attempts. Happy Pioneer Day everyone!

8 comments:
YIPPEE for pioneer day. I love the wagon!
Wow! You had more of a pioneer day than I did. You are a creative mommy. Max is so cute in his cowboy shirt and hat.
you're wearing me out, addi. i pride myself in most my momhood memories, but geez, girl, my glory fades in your shadow. you're ALWAYS doing something cute, clever, adventurous, or entertaining! i'm tired even when i read about it all. max is one lucky boy.
cute wagon :) and i love maxs outfit. i wish we celebrated it here too, but only so i could have a day off work! im not a huge utah lover like you.
Gees Addi how are you gonna make homemade fireworks for tonight? Good luck with that one, don't blow anything (or one) up!
i just have to reassure you addi, i do not think utah is the best state. even if i do move there! :)
addi I think even Brigham Young would be proud of your utah pride. You are such a good mommy. Your kids are gonna grow up thinking you are so cool!
sheri
This is great, as a Utahn myself, (who will most likely not get to raise her family in Utah) I think I will also always instill some Utah pride and celebrate Pioneer Day with my kids.
Post a Comment