Baby Mine
It's a beautiful day. Jack has finally found a movie he will sit and watch in its entirety. Even though, it's only a mere 60 minutes, compared to a more typical 90 minute show, I'm not complaining and I actually prefer it. And what is this Jack-award-winning film, you ask? None other than DUMBO! Jack loves Dumbo. He loves all the animals at the beginning, he loves the mouse, he loves when Dumbo jumps (gets pushed) into the water, he loves when Dumbo flies, and he even loves when Dumbo gets a little tipsy and blows bubbles. He takes his toy elephants and flies them around saying, "Dumbo fly!" and after he wakes up from his naps, I can hear him in his bed saying, "Dumbo fly!" over and over and over again. He always chooses to sing a "Dumbo song" either Casey Junior or When I See an Elephant Fly, the "trains song" and "Dumbo fly" in Jack lingo. When I sing "Dumbo Fly" I always stop after saying, "When I see an..." and let Jack finish with "elephant Dumbo FLY!" Music to my ears.But there's only one problem with this whole Dumbo thing. I can't make it through the movie without crying when I hear "Baby Mine." I love that song. I'm even tearing up just thinking about it now. I'm glad Jack isn't always begging for that song or I'd be a crying train wreck all the time (as opposed to a crying train wreck only part of the time).
Me and my Baby Jack, October 13, 2007

5 comments:
i on purpose leave the room when that part of dumbo comes on. it's too heartbreaking for me sometimes. and i can't believe jack will watch an entire "regular" movie. oscar is still only on 20 min. baby einsteins.
such a cute picture of you and baby jack. he is such a big boy now!
Oh I can't even think about Dumbo without getting all teary. I would say PLEASE bring that movie with you to Texas, but my sensitive Audrey might have a melt down at the sad part. But do however bring it for the plane. That way Jack AND Dumbo can fly!
I will email you all the pictures I have of that day. Miss you! Jack is so so so cute.
the picture of you and baby jack is the perfect conclusion to this post.
What a precious Baby.... I'm glad he is yours too!
Who doesn't love Dumbo?
Post a Comment